21 december 2010

The red front door

Somehow I have always loved the idea of a red front door. My last house had a yellow front door, I painted it the sunniest yellow, so I could tell people who were coming to visit to go to the house with the yellow front door. It sounds nice, cosy and inviting. The house we currently live in has the front door on the side, so you can't see it from the street. Which is a shame, because if I paint it red, people will still not be able to find it when I tell them it's the house with the red front door. But I'll probably paint it this summer, anyway.

Wow, I don't think I ever wrote "front door" so many times in such a small piece of text.

Anyway, I was planning to make a binky-rag with a house cross stitched on the front. If you know me, you could have guessed that I would just start and see where I ended up. My first attempt was not what I envisioned though. The colors just weren't right and the windows and the door were too small.

Photobucket

So I started over. I selected the colors first and then started cross stitching. It came out really well, exactly as I wanted! I think it is too pretty to be a binky rag, so I'll probably find some other use for it. Maybe I'll use it as a keychain. Or something. Or maybe I'll just hang it in the kitchen, it does look kinda cosy... Or I'll stitch a little card on the back and use it as a luggage tag. Or as a gift tag. Oh, the things you could do with it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not done with houses yet. I don't know why, but I'm really into cosy homes right now...

If you'd like to make your own little house, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the chart that I made for free!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten